You should be fully aware of the number one threat to Americans, war. If war were to break out between the superpowers, undoubtedly nuclear warheads would be launched continent to continent. So when this SHTF, you damn well better be prepared. Use this synoptic guide to prepare you and your family for imminent nuclear warfare with widespread fallout. The following guide will outline the basic steps need for nuclear war survival.
- The United States conducted around 1,054 nuclear tests between 1945 – 1992
- The Soviet Union conducted 715 nuclear tests between 1949 – 1990
- The UK has conducted 45 tests
- France conducted 210 nuclear tests between 1960 – 1996
- The People’s Republic of China conducted 45 tests
- October 9, 2006 it was announced by North Korea they had conducted a nuclear test in North Hamgyong province at 10:36 a.m.
- In 2013 there are approximately 17,300 active nuclear warheads; this does not include undisclosed warheads.
- 66,000 people were killed at Hiroshima out of a population of 255,000
- It took 1 narcissistic psychopath to brainwash his country into committing global atrocities; without the aid of nuclear warheads.
Effects of Nuclear War
- Explosive Blast – This blast will decimate entire population centers in the blink of an eye.
- Nuclear Radiation – Several forms of ionizing radiation. The nuclear fission and nuclear fusion occur to produce the explosive release.
- Thermal Radiation – Within five miles the thermal radiation will cause third-degree burns; a very serious injury. The intense heat caused by thermal radiation instantly ignites surrounding areas into ash.
- Fallout – Radioactive material will stay in the atmosphere for up to ten years.
- Radiation Poisoning due to fallout – Early symptoms include headache, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and fever. Later symptoms may emerge after a week or more has passed, including dizziness, weakness, fatigue, hair loss, bloody vomit and stool, and persistent failure to heal from injury.
Nuclear War Survival
Nuclear war survival shelters can be used in response to many other disasters. At the very minimum your shelter should be buried 1 foot underneath earth (optimal depth 10 feet), thus creating a thermal insulator. You can hire a contractor to build the shelter, or you can build your own by reading this shelter guide in pdf format.
A single hydrogen bomb exploding 300 kilometers over the heart of the United States will create an electrical field 50 kV/m strong over nearly all of North America; disabling all electrical devices.
Unfiltered air will be relatively safe since the radioactive ash within the fallout area outweighs the air. However, proper steps must be taken to avoid contamination by incorporating NBC filters. Keep your bunker adequately stockpiled with supplies.
The location of your shelter should avoid being within the proximity of military bases, federal buildings, and/or population centers. Effective makeshift shelters can be the middle floors of some tall buildings or parking structures, or below ground level in most buildings with more than 10 floors. Road tunnels passing through the mountains are able to protect many people.
Survival Note: Determine if your current location is adequate enough to survive a nuclear blast by building a bunker/shelter or if you will need to evacuate your family. This will require bugging out to a safe location without exposing yourself to a greater level of risk, failure to reach your bug out location will put you in danger.
- Do not look directly into the flash at the time of detonation, you will be temporarily blinded, or even permanently blinded.
- If you’re within five miles of the blast radius, your chances of surviving are extremely low. (Avoid living near large metropolitan areas)
- Avoid being in direct pressure wave contact by immediately retreating to a shelter.
- If you do not have a survival bunker/shelter you’ll need to find suitable means of cover; avoiding windows or weak structures, while finding protection behind concrete, lead, and brick structures.
- If you can’t find an adequate and local shelter immediately flee the area.
- Staying unprotected within the affected area will cause radiation poisoning and death.
- If you have an Israeli Gas Mask with NATO filter, immediately put it on until out you’re out of the fallout zone.
- After finding adequate shelter you will need to decontaminate your body and clothing.
- Before entering the shelter each member of your group should be thoroughly uncontaminated.
This article has been read  times.